Here’s the basic Nurgle Champion model with a special base that I created with two OOP Nurglings.
I decided to spice up the base with a GS (Green Stuff Putty) molded “asshole” (yes I know it’s on the ground), and a rock slate using cork. Base still looks bland.
While trying to think of a way to improve the base, I received my Dark Age Warmachine round bases that I bought from CoolMiniOrNot and started to make a better looking base by combining two 40mm round bases and glued it on top of a 50mm round base.
There. looks better don’t you think so?
Now to start work on the Champion.
Simple GS putty to simulate pus.
Tentacles that extrudes from his groin. Inspired by Japanese Hentai. 😉 Had to make tentacles from soft GS and build a funky harness using my sculpting tools to hold it in place. Took 3 full days to dry and harden sufficiently. I tried to position the middle tentacle so that it’ll point at the “asshole” on the base. *hopefully*
Paint the robes and rusty armor. Robes – Catachan Green highlighted with Bleached Bone. Rusty Armor – Boltgun Metal, Chestnut Ink wash, Black ink wash, green ink wash, highlighted using the streak method with Snakebite leather and bleached bone.
Thought the robe was too clean, washed the bottom part with purple and green inks. Painted the nurgle emblems and the breathing apparatus
Again, not very happy with the robe, washed it more with brown ink and in areas close to the rusty armor to get the stained effect. Painted the gloves with the rusty armor method and sword and pus.
This is the best part I believe, the rifle. Dark brown washed with black ink. highlighted in certain areas to simulate wear and tear from holding it. Picked out the details with Shining Gold and weathered it using Chestnut ink wash, black ink wash, catachan green wash (great for rusting metal) and highlighted with snakebite leather and bleached bone. Also finished off the hooves.
Now to finish off the tentacles. This one had so many ink washes and highlights that I don’t remember all of them but roughly, based with bleached bone (2 layers), washed with Flesh Wash, washed with purple and red inks, washed with catachan green in certain areas, highlighted with Flesh ink and bleached bone, highlighted with snake bite, highlighted with bleached bone. Then coated with diluted chestnut ink and red ink wash. *phew*
There. done! I’m surprised I got the positioning of the middle tentacle correct. Now it looks like it’s actually sniffing/licking/touching the *ahem* thing on the ground. 🙂 If you look properly, you can actually see the “turd” that the right Nurgling has expelled onto the floor too.
Overall, a lot of work, but I’m happy with the result. It takes a lot more work to make the model look like crap than it is to paint it with beautiful and bright colors..